Below are the 5 best Golf GPS watch reviews in the market which will give you a comprehensive comparison before you decide to buy one for yourself.
- Garmin Approach S2
- Watch Mode: 3 weeks GPS Mode: 8 hours
- 40,000 Coursemaps
- Editor rating:
- Bushnell Neo XS
- Watch Mode: 2 years GPS Mode: 12 hours
- 33,000 Coursemaps
- Editor rating:
- Garmin Approach S4
- Watch Mode: 6 weeks GPS Mode: 10 hours
- High-res touchscreen
- 38,000 Coursemaps
- Editor rating:
- Garmin Approach X40
- Watch Mode: 5 days GPS Mode: 10 hours
- 40,000 Coursemaps
- Editor rating:
- Bushnell Neo iON
- GPS Mode: 16 hours
- 35,000 Coursemaps
- Editor rating:
Golf GPS watches are the latest innovation in the sport of Golf which effectively combines technology and convenience to provide a much easy Golfing experience in style. These are basically field measurement devices which will map out the course for you, give you accurate directions and distances and at the same time keep a track of your scoring. The life of a Golfer used to be much harder earlier where one they had to refer to books, maps and markers to prepare for a play. The new range of Golf GPS watches now allow faster and more efficient plays and eliminate time consuming course research activities all at the touch of a button. It is great help for Golf starters who are looking to improve their game play. With the market flooded with such devices and a range of features we hope the below article will be of help to amateurs looking to get their hands on the latest Golf accessory.
Things to consider to buy a golf GPS watch.
Here Are Our Golf GPS Watch Reviews
Garmin Approach S1 – The Best Golf GPS Watch for the money
By launching the Approach S1, Garmin is combining its watch making expertise with GPS technology to produce a device which will make life simpler for Golfers. The Approach S1 is the first of its series which has grown to be a legacy in s. The biggest and the most basic advantage of the S1 is that it brings in convenience to the user and all you have to do is swing your wrist. But it covers only the basic distance functionality (3 views per hole) and not the advanced images and hazard areas.
- Since it covers only the three basic distances – near, middle, far distances from the player, it is easy to navigate and use. A big thumps up on the ease of use with its sleek design and depress buttons.
- Shot distances can be measured easily and you can keep a track
- No yearly subscription fee for database access
- The course coverage is very accurate
- Also contains a built in odometer
- It lacks the additional hazard distances and images
- It cannot keep track of scores and statistics
- The battery life is on the low side when you compare it to the big brothers Garmin Approach S3 and S5 but can easily last up to 8 hours. So if you are playing on your local Golf course do not forget to recharge after a couple of rounds
- Many users have complained that the charging clip of the S1 does not properly fit in to the port. So many a times you may think it is charging, only to be disappointed a few hours later. So be careful to check the device when you put it on charge. This is the same case as most other watches in the market currently
- It has a auto advance feature which cannot be disabled. So if you want to go back you have to do so manually
Cost/Value: It was launched with a retail of price of $250 but since the introductions of S2 and S3 the price has been reduced to about $180. And with no annual subscription fee, this is all you will ever have to pay for it. For the ease of use, accurate coverage and sleek design it is definitely worth it, unless you are looking for something more advanced.
Conclusion: The Garmin Approach S1 is a basic backbone of necessary features that are expected in a Golf GPS watch. It will give you the basic distances and shot tracking at the touch of a button. It is extremely convenient to use, which is the biggest selling point of the Approach S1.
Bushnell Neo XS – Best GPS Golf Watch With Battery Life
The latest product from the Bushnell stable in the Golf GPS watch market is a sleek and professional low cost alternative. The new version also includes additional hazard features which brings the total tally to four per hole. It has strong course coverage but does not pair with a mobile device and does not keep track of scores.
- It makes use of its partnership with iGolf to provide as much as 99% accurate results for course coverage
- Pricing is very economical when compared to other watches in the market
- Additional hazard information
- Includes a range of additional features such as shot tracking, auto advance and is also waterproof
- Does not keep a track on scoring and statistics
- Easy but lengthy setup and sync process
Cost/Value: Priced at a little less than $200 it is one of the low priced watches in this segment with so many advanced features. And with the features that it offers I would say it is definitely worth every penny spent
The Bushnell Neo XS provides solid functionality and performance features, is rugged and robust, and comes at a reasonable price. The only sore point is the lack of statistics and color screen.
Garmin Approach S4 – Best golf watch with efficient performance
The Garmin table continues to expand its range with more efficient performance and better features in its latest watches. The S4 improves upon the S3 having a better battery life, additional statistics and a dedicated view for greens. It still excludes the hazard features but provides distances along worth layups and doglegs.
- Boasts of a battery life up to 10 hours in GPS mode
- More than 38,000 worldwide courses
- Free lifetime updates for new as well as old course data
- One of the most expensive watches in the market
- No online portal to track statistical data
Cost/Value: At almost $300 it belongs to the high price range of GPS Golf watches. But with its super features, ease of use and extended battery life it very well provides value for the money spent
Worth its high price, good technical support and the touch screen provides very accurate coverage
Garmin Approach S5 – Best golf GPS Watch 2015
Overview: The Garmin approach S5 series is a vast improvement from all the lower models in the series. It packs a bundle of strong features that go way beyond the lower versions. The battery life is same as that of S4 which is about 10 hours with GPS but it is both lighter and smaller and has a color screen touch pad.
- Color touch screen with the ability to place pins at manual locations and track distances
- Over 38,000 loaded courses
- A multitude of features : Yardages, layups, advanced scoring and statistics…
- Easy connectivity to smartphones and the Garmin online portal
- No yearly fees
- Does not include the pinpointing and training features
- Cost is high
Cost/Value: It is priced tad high, but the lack annual fees makes it a lucrative option when compared to other brands One of the most advanced devices from a trusted brand and pack a range of mean features. Only second to the newly launched Garmin S6
Garmin S6 Approach – Best GPS Golf watch with multitude of features
Overview: The latest from the Garmin stable moves away from the traditional approaches in its earlier version and delivers something much different and much better. It is the epitome of quality performance in a compact design. It is sleek, maintains the color touch screen and is one of the smallest devices in the market. It adds two new buttons for easy of navigation and a battery to last 15 hours.
- Smallest and lightest device in the market
- Extended battery life which is unmatched by other devices
- A range of features including statistical analysis and tracking
- The database is free as with the earlier versions
- Score card with additional options
- High resolution detailing of the course image
- Easy set up and sync
Cons: – Minor bugs and crashes have been observed by some users – It is sometimes difficult to view the scores on the screen when determining the target point – Statistics cannot be saved on a computer
Cost/Value: The retail price was about $400 on launch which makes it one of the most reasonable watches in its range. Also the no additional yearly fee is an added bonus Absolutely recommended for its ease of use, excellent features, sleek design and robust technology
While the market is flooded with tons of choices for someone who is looking to buy a golf GPS watch, it makes little sense to go for something that you struggle to use and also a waste of a good amount of money. It is advisable to go for something which is easy to use, comfortable and does not hinder your game. The above 6 golf GPS watch reviews more or less sum up the best devices in the market at present and the range of features one can expect from a golf device and the things one needs to consider before buying one. So go get the best golf GPS device which will help you improve your game and will also double up as a smart accessory the next time you are on the golf course. It is the perfect addition to your kit and it does not matter if you are out with colleagues or your friends, this device will always come in handy.
- best golf gps watch
- golf gps watch reviews
- golf gps watch reviews 2015
- Best GPS Golf Watch 2016
- Best GPS Golf Watch 2015
- best golf gps watch 2015
- best gps golf watch
- best golf gps watch 2016
- best golf watch 2016
- best golf watches 2015