How To Choosing The Best Golf Glove – Top Reviews 2018
The only way to grow into a good golfer is by playing the sport as much as possible. Practice is the most important thing for anyone that wants to improve his golfing skills and get a fantastic time on the course. But apart from practice, you also need the right equipment which includes a best golf clubs for beginners, proper shoes, balls and a golf glove. Everything else that you need when playing golf looks obvious except for the glove. However, it is still vital when you want to get the best experience from the sport.
Top 5 Best Golf Gloves On The Market 2018
Material: Top-Grade Cabretta Leather
Anatomical Relief Pads
Callaway Men's Dawn Patrol
Perforations On Palm, Fingers And Thumb
FootJoy Golf- MLH WeatherSof
Material: Premium Cabretta Leather
Nike Dura Feel VIII
Material: Synthetic Leather Panel & Stretch Fabric
MG Golf DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather
Material: All-Cabretta Leather
Is a Glove Necessary When Playing Golf?
A golf glove seems to be all about personal preferences because even some pro golfers play just fine without one. But, the value that it adds to your game makes it an essential accessory and so it is evermore an excellent idea to wear one when on the course. First, it is critical for ensuring that the club does not twist when swinging it. Club twisting will affect your shot in many ways, and sometimes it might be all that is preventing you from achieving the distances that you want.
Golf gloves are also essential for ensuring that you always get an excellent grip on the club without having to apply too much pressure or squeezing too tight. Squeezing too much produces excess tension on the hands, forearm, and wrist which is not ideal for your shots. Also, a glove will help prevent blisters as it reduces the friction between your hand and the club. Lastly, it also protects your hands from inclement weather and keeps them healthy. If your hand gets too cold, you will make bad shots because you cannot hold the club comfortably. But with a glove, this should never be an issue.
The many benefits that you get from the golf glove show why you need to wear one when playing golf. However, it is still important to have the best golf gloves because this is the only way to ensure that you get all these benefits. And for this to be so, there are some important things that you need to consider when shopping for one.
Here Are Our Best Golf Glove Reviews
Bionic StableGrip Golf Glove
Features and Benefits
- Materials: It is a top quality Cabretta leather glove, and so you can be confident of using it for several rounds because the material makes it very durable.
- Pre-Rotated Finger: Bionic StableGrip Golf Glove adapts the natural motions of the finger when you close them to form a fist, and this gives you a comfortable and effortless grip.
- Relief Pad System: This Bionic golf glove has some strategic relief pads that help to even out the hands surface which allows even distribution of pressure so as to prevent fatigue while also increasing strength.
- Motion and Web Zones: The Web zones between the fingers and the Motion zones between the knuckles are an important feature in this glove because they help your hand to remain cold and dry thanks to their Lycra construction.
- Maintenance: You will not have any trouble maintaining this glove as it is both machine and hand washable. Ease of cleaning makes this the best golf glove for regular players.
- Sizes: It is available in all sizes from small to XXL and in both right and left-hand orientations.
- The Finger Pads are 3D which helps to stabilize the grip.
- It uses Pad Technology for durability and to ensure that you always get a new glove feel.
- This glove has Lycra gussets that give it added motion.
- There is minimum bouncing thanks to the Motion and Web zones.
- Fingers are tapered to give a golfer a natural fit.
- It is available in numerous sizes including XXL and small.
- This golf glove is lightweight and comfortable.
- It is unlined, and this ensures that it fits like a second skin.
- The Cabretta leather is a top quality which makes it very durable.
- It is a little too tight when you first wear it.
- There are issues with the stitching and the Velcro.
- This glove is not suitable for use in wet conditions.
- Some golfers find it a little expensive.
- The palm tends to wear out faster than the rest of the glove.
Callaway Men's Dawn Patrol Golf Glove
Features and Benefits
- Material: It is an all-leather glove, and you can be sure that the material is genuine as it is from a reputable company. The high-quality material makes it very durable.
- Perforations: The Dawn Patrol has holes on the fingers, palm, and thumb which increase breathability while also reducing moisture to make it very comfortable for the hand.
- Opti-Fit: The Opti-Fit closure is adjustable, and this ensures that golfers always get a thin, secure and custom fit which is just what they need for productive and effective swings.
- Cotton Terry Cuff: The cotton cuff on this glove is what gives it the soft feel and increases moisture absorption. It has many benefits, but key among them is the fact that it helps to keep the hand cool and dry.
- It has an impressive feel and a perfect fit.
- This glove will not slip when swinging the club.
- Perforation increases breathability while also reducing moisture.
- The adjustable closure will always give you a light and secure fit.
- You can get it in various sizes including extra large.
- The cotton cuff is very useful for moisture absorption.
- It is an all-leather glove which makes it very durable.
- This fantastic glove will give you an excellent grip even when it is wet.
- It will lose some of its grips after some rounds.
- Some golfers find it smaller than other golf gloves from Callaway.
- Despite the high-quality leather, the glove has poor stitching that will start falling apart after some time.
- This glove will require break-in which might take some time.
FootJoy Golf- MLH WeatherSof Golf Gloves (2 Pack)
Features and Benefits
- Premium Cabretta Leather: This FootJoy golf glove has Cabretta leather in all the right places which include along the thumb and palm. The leather gives the glove some extra durability while also improving the grip on these critical areas.
- All Weather Grip: The design and material on this gloves will give users an all-weather grip which means that you can always be sure of getting a perfect grip even when the glove is wet.
- Excellent Fit: The MLH will always give you a consistent and comfortable fit, and this is because the sizes are all right and it also comes with a Velcro closure for a custom fit.
- Value Pack: This affordable glove comes in a pack of two to ensure that you have something to change in between rounds. Also, the value pack increases the durability and saves you some cash.
- It will always give you a comfortable and consistent fit.
- FootJoy Golf- MLH WeatherSof golf glove will provide an excellent grip regardless of the weather.
- The materials and superior construction make it a very durable glove.
- It comes with some advanced microfibers that give it a very soft feel.
- The premium Cabretta leather along the palm and thumb give it extra durability and improve grip on the key areas.
- It will not feel sticky when your hands get hot.
- This glove comes in a two pack to ensure that you get value for your cash.
- It has an excellent padding to provide maximum hand protection.
- Most golfers seem to be happy with the sizes.
- This golf glove does not have as much ventilation as you would get from other top brands.
- It tends to wear out quickly, and so you should not expect to use it for years.
- There are some complaints about it shrinking which is one of the things that golfers hate most.
Nike Dura Feel VIII All Weather Mens Golf Gloves
Features and Benefits
- Material: It is a combination of polyurethane (85%), nylon (10%) and goat skin (5%). This glove also has a genuine leather material on the thumb and palm that provides an excellent grip, great feel, and impressive durability.
- Perforated Back Panel: The synthetic leather on the back of the hand has some perforation that gives the glove a better range of motions while also enhancing the breathability.
- Strategic Stretch Fabric: The strategic stretch fabrics at the back and in the fingers also enhance the breathability while also giving the glove some extra flexibility.
- Angled Tab: This golf glove also features an angled tab that ensures that golfers always get a superior and ergonomic fit.
- Color: it is available in white and black shades, and this gives golfers an opportunity to choose, but most will prefer to buy both.
- Perforated back ensures that you get a better range of motion and enhanced breathability.
- Stretched fabric on the back and fingers also enhance breathability and flexibility.
- You always get an ergonomic support and fit thanks to the adjustable angled tab.
- The palm and thumb have genuine leather for an excellent grip and feel.
- It gives you the opportunity to choose between a white and black glove.
- This golf glove is one of the most affordable in the market.
- The Velcro strap is very useful for adjusting the fit, and it also holds up well.
- It does not get smudges or scratches even after several rounds of golf.
- It is a little small and tight.
- They provide a firm grip which makes them a bit too thick.
- This glove is not very efficient when it comes to sweat absorption.
MG Golf DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather Golf Glove
Features and Benefits
- Material: It is an all-Cabretta glove, and so you can be sure of durability. The material makes it the best golf glove because it is also very soft and breathable to ensure comfort.
- Hand-Hugging: You always get a hand-hugging fit with this glove, and it also comes with a traditional look and with a buttery soft feel.
- Detailed Stitching: The stitching on this glove is very detailed, and it makes it look very stylish and also gives it an impressively tailored appearance.
- Sizes and Color: It is available in all sizes from S to XXL which means that every golfer will find a pair with a perfect fit. This glove comes in an attractive white shade, but it does not stain.
- The all-Cabretta material makes it a very durable glove.
- It has a hand-hugging and custom fit.
- This glove has a buttery-soft feel and charming traditional look.
- The detailed stitching gives it a tailor-made and stylish appearance.
- Several PGA Tour winners use this glove.
- It is still a very affordable golf glove despite its fantastic quality.
- There is a lot of perforation on the glove to enhance breathability.
- The elastic bands will expand to ensure smooth flexing.
- The palm construction has some issues because there are complaints about it ripping after a few uses.
- Some golfers seem to have problems with the sizes and fit.
- The fingers are too long for some people.
Things That A Golfer Should Take Into Account When Choosing The Best Golf Glove
Just like any other golf equipment, there are several things that you need to consider when buying a golf glove so as to get the best. There are different brands in the market, and so you will have a variety to choose from and more than enough options. With the right information, this should not be a problem. For an idea on how to choose here are some important things that you need to keep in mind.
Type is the first and probably the most important aspect that you will need to consider when shopping for a glove as it will affect your experience. Although most people will classify types according to the brands, there is way much more to it than this. In most instances, the type will depend on the material.
The most common type of golf gloves is leather and golfers love it because it has a great feel and it offers an excellent grip. Synthetic and mesh gloves are also quite common, and most golfers go for them because they are cheap. Other types include the all-weather that you can use in wet conditions, warm gloves for using in cold days and golf mitts which are also ideal for use in winter.
It is always important to determine where you intend to wear the glove because they come in different hand orientations. But this should never be an issue because the rule is always to wear the glove on your top hand. And this means that if you are a right-hand player, you should have it on your left hand. However, some golfers will also prefer to have gloves on both hands so as to protect them from calluses and blisters.
Once you figure out the hand orientation that you want to wear the glove the next important thing to consider is the size. Glove companies produce them in different sizes, and so there will be plenty of options available. For some brands, the sizes come in Large, Medium or Small while for others they are in the XL, XLL sizing. There are also others that com in Cadet, Medium and Large sizes. When making your choice, you should try out the glove and ensure that the fit is just right for your hand.
Golf glove reviews from other golfers are a primary source of information that you cannot afford to overlook. It is important always to read genuine online reviews from people that already use or have been using the particular glove you intend to buy because this will give you valuable information about how suitable it is for golf. A glove might have all the right features, but this does not guarantee that it will be perfect for you.
Price is another important factor that you should always keep in mind when shopping for the best golf glove. Whether you are an armature or pro golfers, they are many expensive things that you will need to buy and so spending a fortune on a glove might mean you have to forgo some of them. The best idea is to go for something high quality that is within your budget. But, it is also worth knowing that if you need high-quality leather gloves, you should be ready to spend more money.
How To Care For Your Golf Gloves
- Always give the glove some airing time after every round so that it can dry off.
- It is an excellent idea to remove the glove between shots so that it remains dry.
- If you have hands that perspire a lot always go for a rain glove regardless of the weather.
- Make sure that you only clean the glove with a damp cloth and avoid making it too wet.
- Also, never dry it under direct sun or in a machine.
- You should have more than one glove if you can afford it as this makes it possible to change them during a round.
- Storing the glove in a plastic zip-lock bag will keep it looking new and make it last for longer.
Getting a good grip is one of the best ways of ensuring that you always get good shots. And although there are many things that you can do to ensure this, having the best golf glove is an easy but very effective one. By following this buying guide, you can be confident of getting the right one but also remember to take good care of it.