Garmin Approach S3 Golf GPS Watch Review
With the old device, I had issues using it with my gloves on and my playing mates used to complain that I was delaying the game. With the Approach S3, I can use it with my gloves one and the modern technologies in the device have made my game much better gaming experience much better. A look at its specifications and the advantages of using this device will show why it is the perfect golf GPS watch. This Garmin Approach S3 review highlights these important aspects of the device.
Features and specifications
- It has a shot tracking and measurement feature that allows you calculate how far you have hit the ball. Just click “measure” and walk to your ball and the device will tell you the distance the ball has covered.
- Approach S3 has a touch screen display that makes it easy for you to control the device.
- The device is preloaded with more than 39,000 golf courses from around the world. There are also no subscription or download fees for all these courses.
- Comes with a digital scorecard option. This option is very handy as it makes it possible for you to save, review and even print your scorecard from a computer.
- Garmin Approach S3 has a green view feature that shows you the true shape and layout of the green.
- Unlike the S1, the S3 has a basic scoring and statistics feature.
- This watch has an auto-advance feature that automatically advances as you move to the next hole.
Benefits of using the Approach S3
- Makes it possible to measure your shot distance so that you can know what to work on.
- The scorecard option will make it possible to get your match scores so that you can brag to your friends or to monitor your progress.
- The green view feature will make it possible for you to know where to aim even when there are obstructions.
- There are no fees charged to access the course database.
- Although it has many features this device is extremely easy to use and the average golfer will be able to figure it out fast.
- It is easy to read data on the screen, and so you can be able to make a quick judgment for your next shot.
- The glove-friendly screen means that you do not have to keep on taking off your glove in the middle of a game.
- Gives accurate lay up distances so that you can position yourself better.
- Compared to similar devices in the market this one is quite pricey.
- This device is also quite bulky on your hand.
- Another disadvantage is that it does not come with pre-mapped hazards.
Although this device might be more expensive than others in the same category is it is worth every coin spent on it. Having used the device for several months now, I can tell you with certainty that you will not find anything more user-friendly than this. With all the useful features that it has to offer, I would highly recommend it to any golfer whether they are pro or amateurs.