Garmin Approach S6 Golf GPS Watch Review
Saying that I love golf is an understatement since I probably think about this beautiful game more than anything else. In recent years, there have been many developments in the game as people try to incorporate modern technology into the game more and more.
With all these advancements and technologies I thought nothing could leave me perplexed as I had seen it all, but this changed about a month ago when I bought the Garmin Approach S6. For the first time since I started playing golf I had all the information I needed to monitor my game on my wrist all thanks to the Garmin Approach S6.
The day that I wore this watch for the first time was the day I won a game after losing to my buddies for close to two months in a row. This was not a coincidence or luck, but it was because the watch provided me with valuable information like Pin Pointing during the game.
Specifications of the Approach S6 watch
- This watch has a circular touchscreen display and four physical buttons for control. Although you can do everything on the touchscreen, the physical buttons also come in handy sometimes.
- On the general specifications this watch weighs 1.6 ounces, has a rechargeable lithium battery with a 10-hour life when on GPS mode and a display resolution of 180X180 pixels.
- Pre-loaded with more than 30,000 golf courses from around the world.
- Has an Auto-advance feature to advance to the next hole during play.
- It has a Stat Tracking feature that keeps track of a player’s statistics throughout the round. The stat feature enables golfers to measure the shot yardage and calculates te average distance that a golfer hits with every club.
- It has a high-sensitivity GPS system that makes it very accurate and also makes tracking under trees easier.
- It is very easy to use, and the average golfer should have no trouble figuring it out.
- It has a water rating of 5ATM meaning that you can still be able to use it even when playing on a rainy day.
- The long battery life means that you do not have to recharge it in the middle of a game.
- It does not only track distance but offers you valuable information like swing strength to help improve your game.
- The tones for Tempo Training are not loud enough, and you might be forced to hold the watch closer to your ear.
- It is quite expensive compared to others in the market, but this is probably due to the quality it has to offer.
Benefits of Using Approach 6
Despite only being the size of a regular sports watch, the Approach 6 comes with 30,000 international golf courses preloaded. 30,000 is a big number by all standards, and just to prove this, chances are that you will find most if not all of your favorite courses even the local one in your neighborhood.
This watch comes with a dedicated CourseView button that displays the layout and shape of the entire hole. This includes the green, fairway and the tee box. This will help improve your playing experience.
The Garmin Approach S6 has a SwingStrength feature that calculates how hard you swing your clubs. Any golfer will agree that this is precious information, and if you utilize it well, you will be able to improve your game significantly.
The Approach 6 has another feature that will excite any golfer. This feature is known as the PinPointer, and it is meant to provide you with valuable blind shot assistance. If you cannot see, the Pin just use this function, and it will tell you the direction of the pin.
With the Garmin Approach S6, you can also be able to receive emails, alerts and texts directly on the watch. This smart notification means that you can still be able to keep up with important things even when playing.
The Garmin Approach S6 is the best golf wearable I have used so far and having played the game for long you can be assured that I have used many. Besides the few shortcomings that you can easily overcome I would highly recommend this watch to any golfer whether they are armatures or pros. With this watch on your wrist, your game will never be the same again.