Garmin Approach S60 Golf Watch Review
Golf watches are becoming more and more popular with both armature and professional golfers thanks to their convenience and accuracy when taking measurements on the course. And the Garmin Approach S60 is one of the best you can get out there.
This sleek-looking watch provides accurate yardage measurements to green, hazard and doglegs and is also preloaded with 40,000 courses. Also, it has a QuickFit band for a comfortable fit, a large full-color touchscreen display, and a 10-hour battery life.
Features and Specifications
- Display: The display on this golf watch is built to give golfers an easy time as it is a larger 1.2-inch touchscreen display that offers full-color display and is also readable under direct sunlight.
- Preloaded Courses: You can be sure of finding your golf course on this watch no matter where you will be playing as it is preloaded with about 40,000 courses from around the globe and they all come free of any charge.
- Design: Garmin also pays a lot of attention to the watch’s appearance as they give it a sleek and attractive design that makes it look good on your arms whether you are on the course or not. And the quick fit band design allows it to fit perfectly on the hand.
- Battery: When on the golf mode, this watch will offer you a battery life of up to 10 hours which is longer than most others in its class and when on the standard watch mode, you can go up to 10 days on a single charge.
- Measurements: With this watch on your hand, you can quickly and easily get precise yardage for doglegs, hazards, and greens.
Although many things make the Approach S60 a great golf watch, the quick and more precise measurements are one of the main benefits that golfers will get. With this watch, you not only get your measurement readings fast but they will also be as accurate as you can expect when using a golf watch. Also, the up to 10 hours of battery life is another huge benefit as it reduces the frequency of recharging the golf watch.
- Provides full-color screen views
- Touch screen for easy operation
- The sleek design makes it ideal for both on and off course wear
- Fast and convenient quick fit band
- Quick and highly precise measurements
- Highly customizable watch
- Super long battery life
- Relatively pricier when compared to what other brands have to offer
- The included instructions manual is not very useful
When it comes to golf watches, you will never go wrong with anything from Garmin as they are one of the pioneers of the technology and have been making them for quite some time now and hence understand what golfers are looking for. And the S60 is one of their most popular model thanks to a feature-rich design and ease of use. Better yet, it is also a sleek and fashionable watch that will also look great on you of the course.
If all this is not enough reason to try it out, then the fast and accurate measurements should be enough. And even with the few demerits like the price tag and poor instructions, this is still a fantastic golf watch that will ensure great value for your bucks.