Halo XRT6 Laser Rangefinder Review
Halo XRT6 Laser Rangefinder Review
Buying a rangefinder is quite challenging for most golfers as there are many to choose from and all of them claim to be the best on the market. However, I have always found it easier to buy according to the brand and I prefer to go with those from Halo as they have never disappointed me.
The Halo XRT6 leaves up to my expectations and although it is cheaper than others it still has all the essential features of a laser rangefinder and more. However, what impressed me most is the fact that it can measure up to 600 yards while still maintaining an accuracy of +/- 1 yard. This will totally change your game as you will never have to guess anything. Its ergonomic design is also aesthetically appealing and just like me, most golfers will find it cool to walk around with on the green.
Features and Specifications
- Power-Saving: The Halo XRT6 has been programmed to deactivate after 20 seconds if left idle so as to save power.
- Battery: Comes fitted with a rechargeable CR-2 battery that can last for a couple of hours when fully shared. The battery also has a lifespan of about one year.
- Measurement Range: Can accurately measure distances of up to six hundred yards.
- Accuracy: Has an accuracy of +/- 1 yard.
- Display: Is fitted with a modern LCD that also has an Aiming Reticle.
- Grip: To ensure the it does not slip when in use it has been designed with a non-slip rubber surface. This surface also makes it comfortable to hold and use for long.
- Magnification: It has an amazing six-time magnification that contributes significantly to its accuracy.
- Measurement Modes: Has two general measurement methods that are Scan and Target. Scan ensures a continuous distance measurement.
- Fog-resistance Eyepiece: This rangefinder will always give you a clear view since the eyepiece will never fog no matter what conditions you are playing under.
- It has a water resistant casing to ensure that you can use it in any weather.
For the Halo XRT6, the biggest benefit comes with the measurement of yardages. Apart from being one of the most accurate rangefinders in the market, it also computes yardages fast even if the distance involved is very long. It is so fast that you will have the yardages displayed on the screen in the blink of an eye.
- The rangefinder is very accurate and easy to use and in fact, you will probably not even need to use the manual as you will quickly figure out things.
- It has an excellent six times magnification. This makes it way much better than most other rangefinders. And it will help you get more accurate readings than when using a different one.
- Does not have the flipping reflex mirrors and hence it is smaller and lighter.
- Precision in focusing is possible when using wide lenses or the standard rangefinder lenses.
- Another advantage is that this device does not have a shutter lag.
- Halo XRT6 is very affordable, but its biggest shortcoming is the failure when using it under low light conditions. The LCD screen is simply not the best, and the company could have done much better.
- It does not have auto-focus, and this may make some users find it outdated.
- This rangefinder uses a CR-2 battery, and most golfers do not like this battery as it does not keep power for long, and it is also very hard to find.
Laser rangefinders are among the most widely used golf devices because of their accuracy, and so many companies manufacture them. However, if you are looking for a reliable one without having to spend a fortune, then the Halo XRT6 is the thing for you. The few shortcomings will not affect its usability or accuracy, and so the XRT6 will impact your game positively. It lies up there with the best Golf Rangefinders on the market, and so it is worth trying out.