Nikon Golf Rangefinder Reviews And Buying Guide
When you think of Nikon, the first thing that will probably come to mind is a Camera. The company has been making different kinds of cameras for many decades. In fact, the success of Nikon in the camera manufacturing industry comes second to none. But, what you might not know is that they are also a top and highly reputable golf rangefinder manufacturer.
Nikon has been in the rangefinder manufacturing business for longer than most golfers know because the company was previously making rangefinders for Callaway before they started manufacturing them under their own brand name. Their many years of experience in making optics for cameras is what drove them to the rangefinder business and they are slowly emerging as one of the top golf rangefinder manufacturers.
Although there are many things that seem to set Nikon apart from many other brands when it comes to rangefinders, the easy to use design and a more affordable price tag of their products is what many golfers love most. Also, their rangefinders are designed to be compact and highly portable, and with some outstanding features like First Target Priority, Vibration Reduction System, ID Technology for slope compensation, 8-Second Continuous Measurement, and Long Eye Relief.
Why You Should Buy A Nikon Golf Rangefinder
- High accuracy: When you want to take some precise distance measurements on the course, you can always rely on Nikon rangefinders. They make use of top technologies like Fast Target Priority, ID Technology, Vibration Reducing System and top-notch optics to ensure you get accurate and reliable measurements.
- Affordable: While it is true there are some Nikon rangefinders that will cost upwards of $400, most of their rangefinder models are designed to be more affordable. Generally, their rangefinders are more affordable than what you get from most other top brands.
- Easy to use: You do not have to struggle to try to figure out how to use a Nikon rangefinder as they are all designed to be straightforward to use even for beginner golfers. For example, the Nikon ACULON AL11 only has one button for simple operation.
- Weatherproof: Nikon makes their rangefinders to be ideal for use in any weather, and they feature a sturdy body with some top quality seals to make them resistant to water, fog and many other elements.
- Small and Lightweight: Most Nikon rangefinders are designed to be small, compact and lightweight to make them easy to carry around the course for extended periods.
Why You Should Not Buy A Nikon Golf Rangefinder
- Not as feature-rich: Although most Nikon rangefinders have some amazing features, they are still not as feature-rich, and hence also not as high-performing as other top golf rangefinder brands like Bushnell.
- Limited Choice: While most other top golf rangefinder brands have dozens of rangefinder models to pick from, Nikon does not offer as many options, and this limits a golfer’s option.
Nikon Golf Rangefinder Reviews
Nikon has been making optics for cameras for close to a century now and given the fact that they have also been manufacturing rangefinders for companies like Callaway for a long time, you can be confident that they know everything that there is to know about these handy golf devices.
Like most other companies, they are also always improving their rangefinder models by adding more advanced features and enhancing the design to make them even better for golfing. And given that they also have several models in different price ranges and with different capabilities, they also try to cater to all kind of golfers.
And so the bottom line is that if you are on the market for a top quality golf rangefinder that is feature-rich and from a reputable brand, Nikon will be an excellent choice.