TaylorMade Golf P790 Forged Individual 3 Iron Review
TaylorMade Golf P790 Forged Individual 3 Iron Dynamic Gold Stiff Mens MRH
When shopping for a 3 Iron, there are certain brands that should always be on top of your mind such as TaylorMade. The company makes some of the best performing irons in the market, and their P790 is one of their most popular and best-selling options, and this should give golfers some confidence that it will serve term well. This iron has a lot to offer including the use of SpeedFoam Technology, a Cut-Thru speed pocket, Tour Velvet 360 grip, and Dynamic Gold steel shaft. And it will also come in an appealing and confidence-boosting look and finish.
Features and Design
- SpeedFoam Technology: The SpeedFoam tech is one of the key highlights of this forged 3 iron, and it entails injecting the speed foam into the club’s hollow cavity. This serves a dual purpose of enhancing the ball speed across the face and also improving the sound and feel.
- Cut-Thru Speed Pocket: TaylorMade incorporates a new wrapped face construction on this iron to create the cut-thru speed pocket for extreme flexibility on the clubface’s lower part. This flexibility makes this a more forgiving and consistent iron.
- Tour Velvet 360 Grip: By fitting this iron with their famous Velvet 360 grip, TaylorMade aims to make this one of the most comfortable irons to hold and swing. This round grip is textured to ensure golfers hold it firmly, and it is also built with a highly durable and slip resistant material for all weather use.
- Shaft: Like with many of their other golf clubs, TaylorMade does not disappoint when it comes to the shaft as they make use True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shaft that besides being highly durable and with an excellent flex also looks sleek and unified.
- Look and Finish: The P790 iron comes in a clean and classic look that can be both confidence-boosting for the player and intimidating to the opponents. Also, its premium high gloss finish includes lots of alignments aids to make it even easier to use.
- High ball speeds across the face
- More forgiving and consistent
- Great sound and feel
- Precise center of gravity placement
- Higher moment of inertia
- Clean, classic and highly attractive finish
- Some beginners might find it a little heavier
- Relatively pricier
- Finish is not completely anti-glare
You can almost never go wrong with any TaylorMade golf club as they are an industry leader famous for making clubs for both beginner and pro golfers. Their P790 irons live up to these standards, and this should explain why they are among the most popular options on the market. These irons offer everything from speed and consistency across the face to an appealing look and confidence boosting sound and feel. And they are the kind of iron that every golfer whether a beginner or pro will always look forward to swinging.
While like any other golf club this particular P790 3 iron has a few shortcomings such as a relatively more expensive price tag and not being the easiest for beginner golfers to swing, its good features outweigh these few demerits by far. Hence, the bottom line is that this is a top-notch golf club that will work for almost any golfer and will be a great buy.